Breaking the External Data Link

  1. #1
    Carl
    Guest

    Breaking the External Data Link

    I create reports using an SQL to external data. The report then copies
    particular data to division tabs and saves as a separate file. The trouble
    is when we open the new spreadsheet there is a link to that External data
    and if someone tries to refresh the data, they see my datasource and login.
    How do I get rid of the Link to the external data source on the copied
    pages?

    TIA
    Candyman

  2. #2
    Gary Keramidas
    Guest

    Re: Breaking the External Data Link

    would this work for you

    sub remove()
    Dim MyQT As QueryTable
    Dim i As Long
    Dim j As Long
    Dim sheet As Worksheet

    For Each sheet In Sheets
    i = sheet.Index
    For j = Worksheets(i).QueryTables.Count To 1 Step -1
    Set MyQT = Worksheets(i).QueryTables(j)
    MyQT.Delete
    Next
    Next
    end sub

    --

    Gary

  3. #3
    Carl
    Guest

    Re: Breaking the External Data Link

    That was perfect! Thank you so much. I implemented on friday but could not
    see the final tested results until today.
    Carl

    news:[email protected]...

  4. #4
    Gary Keramidas
    Guest

    Re: Breaking the External Data Link

    you're welcome, i think bob p or tom o gave me something similar a while back,
    so thanks goes to them, too.