Debugging macro

  1. #1

    Debugging macro

    I used to program in Quattro Pro a long time ago.
    When I wanted to debug a Quattro Pro macro, I was able to start the macro (I can't even remember which command that was) but then I could hit the space bar and I could see the macro execute step by step.
    Is there such a thing in excel?

  2. #2
    Gary Keramidas
    Guest

    Re: Debugging macro

    yes, F8 will step through the code

    --

    Gary

    "annep" <[email protected]> wrote in
    message news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    I must be missing something. If I step into the macro and hit F8 it just goes to the next line in the macro. I want to see what it is doing to the spreadsheet?
    Anne

  4. #4
    Jim Thomlinson
    Guest

    Re: Debugging macro

    Switch back to the Excel spreadsheet and you will be able to see what is
    going on in the sheets. In the Visual basic editor you can check the values
    of variables and see the flow of the program as it executes.

    Note: be careful when you switch to the Spreadsheet. If you move the active
    cell around or change sheets the execution of the code may be effected...
    --
    HTH...

    Jim Thomlinson

  5. #5