Problems sending mail from Excel to Outlook

  1. #1
    Ashford, Kent - Working in London
    MS-Off Ver
    Office 365

    Question Problems sending mail from Excel to Outlook

    Hi, please can anyone help.

    I've been using the fantastic code from Ron De Bruin at
    http://www.rondebruin.nl/sendmail.htm, and have also got around the 5 second XP/Outlook 2003 security feature by using other code found at www.excelforum.com...

    .Display

    Application.Wait (Now + TimeValue("0:00:01"))
    Application.SendKeys "%S"

    Rather than simply.....

    .Send

    Rather than sending mails in the background this displays each mail and pauses for 1 second before sending it. It works just fine as long as the spell-checker is turned off.

    I'm not sure it's the code that is the problem, but maybe a setting somewhere. It works (with slight adjustments) in Office 2000 and on my old XP/Office 2003 machine.

    However, I've just moved to a different role - apparently with the same apps....XP and Office 2003, but instead of sending the mails it's just opening each one and leaving it on screen.

    I have things like the MS Outlook 11 library turned on etc, and have tried adjusting some of the setting options in Outlook, but I just can't get the thing to work!!

    Does anyone have any ideas on how I might resolve this please?

    AND - thanks you so much for all of the amazing and valuable knowledge that you've shared in the past. I'm learning a lot, and I could not have done it without you.......I just don't know the answer to this problem - yet!

    Wherever you are, I hope you're having a great day.

    Chris
    Big Chris

  2. #2
    Ron de Bruin
    Guest

    Re: Problems sending mail from Excel to Outlook

    Hi Big Chris

    SendKeys is not always reliable

    See
    http://www.rondebruin.nl/mail/prevent.htm

    CDO is the best way if you can use it

    --
    Regards Ron de Bruin
    http://www.rondebruin.nl

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Tom Ogilvy
    Guest

    Re: Problems sending mail from Excel to Outlook

    have you looked at the CDO approach Ron has on his site to get around the
    security features.

    Tom Ogilvy

  4. #4
    Ashford, Kent - Working in London
    MS-Off Ver
    Office 365

    Thumbs up

    Thanks Tom and Ron for your quick response, as we say in certain parts of the UK, you're 'Diamond Geezers'.

    I really thought I'd got the security thing sorted with SendKeys, but it seems not. I can't load ClickYes as it's locked down PC and the company are not too helpful in helping me to do my own comms thang (5 seconds per message takes abit long with 1,000 mails anyway).

    My Outlook has fallen over just 24 hours into the new role, so I can't even test anything yet - it'll take me some hours to work it all out anyway.

    In the meantime, thanks again for your superb support.

    Regards,

    Chris