how do i use lbs and ounces in excel

  1. #1
    Model-man
    Guest

    how do i use lbs and ounces in excel

    Can someone tell me how to use i.e. sum for pounds and ounces.
    Also how you could remove two minimum figures from a list.

    I would like to use Excel for this.

    Regards
    Greg

  2. #2
    Tom Ogilvy
    Guest

    Re: how do i use lbs and ounces in excel

    at some point, you would have to convert your answer to pounds, do the sum
    and convert back to pounds and ounces. Or put in a formula that adds the
    ounces, extracts any whole pounds, and adds those to the sum of the pounds.
    If is unclear how your data is stored and what you are adding.

    You can use the Small function to determine the two lowest value from a sum
    with something like

    =sum(A1:A10)-Small(A1:A10,1)-Small(A1:A10,2)

    or

    =sum(A1:A10)-Sum(small(A1:A10,{1,2}))

    Tom Ogilvy

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Model-man
    Guest

    Re: how do i use lbs and ounces in excel

    Hi Tom

    That answers my questions perfectly.
    Thanks very much for your help.

    Regards