Add Message While Program is Working

  1. #1
    maperalia
    Guest

    Add Message While Program is Working

    How can I add a message " Please Wait Program Is Still Running " while the
    program is running.

    Thanks in advance.
    Maperalia

  2. #2
    Tom Ogilvy
    Guest

    Re: Add Message While Program is Working

    Create a userform in the VBE with you message

    Sub Main()
    UserForm1.Show vbModeless
    ' current code or call current code
    Unload Userform1

    Tom Ogilvy

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Jim Thomlinson
    Guest

    RE: Add Message While Program is Working

    I tend to use Application.Statusbar to notify users...
    --
    HTH...

    Jim Thomlinson

  4. #4
    maperalia
    Guest

    RE: Add Message While Program is Working

    Jim;
    How do you use this application?

    Maperalia

  5. #5
    maperalia
    Guest

    Re: Add Message While Program is Working

    Tom;
    Thanks for the code. I have applied it and I got blank message.
    How can I write the information in the form?. Besides the title of the form
    is Userform1 and I want to change it to "Message For You" instead.

    Best regards.
    Maperalia

  6. #6
    Tom Ogilvy
    Guest

    Re: Add Message While Program is Working

    In the vbe, go in and select the Userform

    In the properties of the userform, change the caption properties of the
    userform to whatever you want it to be.

    (If the properties window isn't visible in the VBE, hit F4 or go to
    View=>Properties in the menu)

    You should see the control toolbox next to the userform

    click the label, then click on the Userform and hold down the mouse button
    while you drag down and to the right to size the label. Release the mouse.
    Make sure the label is selected, then go to properties and place your
    message in the captions property. Select the font property and make the
    text look like you want it.

  7. #7
    Jim Thomlinson
    Guest

    RE: Add Message While Program is Working

    The status bar is located in the bottom right hand corner of the excel window
    (usually says ready or dispays the calculation percent...)

    Sub BigLongProcedure()
    on error goto errorhandler
    application.statusbar = "Processing data. Please Wait..."
    'execute your code
    Errorhandler:
    application.statusbar = false
    end sub

    If you can easily determine the percentage of completion based on the number
    of loops you can change the display to show the percentage of completion
    similar to when a large calculation is pending...
    --
    HTH...

    Jim Thomlinson

  8. #8