Viewing a worksheet within a Userform

  1. #1

    Viewing a worksheet within a Userform

    This may seem an odd question. I have built an excel document that effectively works as an issue tracker; new data can be submitted by a userform, existing data can be edited via a userform.

    What I would now like to do is provide a view of what issues are there without having to view the entire worksheet.

    I would like a userform that effectively embeds the worksheet dependant upon user defined criteria, such as any issues logged by them, effectively reproducing the effect of an autofilter but within a modeless userform rather than within the worksheet itself.

    The data sheet is basically made up of the following headings, and any new data is just populated in the next available row.

    Name - Position - Manager - Created - Ref - Category - Notes - Closed

    If anyone can nudge me in the right direction or has seen something similar before that would be great.

    Thanks.

  2. #2
    Tom Ogilvy
    Guest

    Re: Viewing a worksheet within a Userform

    Load a multicolumn Listbox on a userform by looping through your data and
    adding the rows that meet the criteria selected by the user.

    Tom Ogilvy

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Thanks Tom. Just the right nudge I needed.

  4. #4
    Ok.

    I have made some initial progress and can populate the listbox with all entries matching a single criteria. Before I proceed though, I did have a couple more questions that have not revealed themselves to me yet.

    Can I control the format within a multi column listbox.

    For example some of my fields are dates of a specific format which the listbox displays in the default mm/dd/yyyy.

    Also, can I allow for textwrapping as some of the entries contain too much text just to have a large column width defined?

    And can the lisbox contain a grid to separate items visually?

    The listbox is a good start, although visually it will need some tweaking for me to proceed with it as a solution.

    Thanks again.

  5. #5
    Tom Ogilvy
    Guest

    Re: Viewing a worksheet within a Userform

    All the data in the listbox is a string, so you can format you dates and
    enter them as strings as you load them

    Multilines/text wrapping in a listbox row - I don't believe so.

    A grid, no I don't believe that is supported either

    You might want to try the Office Web Components - spreadsheet component

    or use a 3rd party grid control.

    Tom Ogilvy

    "chris_waldie" <[email protected]>
    news:[email protected]...