Custom sort in macro disappears

  1. #1

    Custom sort in macro disappears

    I have a macro that includes a custom sort of column A (and all of the info in that row) in a specific (not alphabetical) order. All of the calculations need to have the list of names in the proper order. The sorting works on my computer, but when I email the spreadsheet to another computer, the macro no longer sorts by the custom list I originally put in the macro. Any suggestions as to why it would do this?

  2. #2
    JD
    Guest

    Re: Custom sort in macro disappears

    backbutton wrote:
    > I have a macro that includes a custom sort of column A (and all of the
    > info in that row) in a specific (not alphabetical) order. All of the
    > calculations need to have the list of names in the proper order. The
    > sorting works on my computer, but when I email the spreadsheet to
    > another computer, the macro no longer sorts by the custom list I
    > originally put in the macro. Any suggestions as to why it would do
    > this?

    Where did you save the macro to? Was it in the spreadsheet you sent?

  3. #3
    I am fairly new to macros, so I really appreciate your help. I create the macro, then assign it to a button. Is there more I should be doing? The macro runs great on this computer. Thanks again

  4. #4
    JD,

    I have figured it out. The custom sort lists were in a different order on the other computers. The macro was telling it to pick custom sort #6, while on the other computers the correct sort was listed as #7. I went into the VBA on those computers and changed the code and it now works.

    Thanks for your interest.