how do I link optionbutton to column & copy contents to another co

  1. #1
    LeMo
    Guest

    how do I link optionbutton to column & copy contents to another co

    I created a financial model with multiple linked worksheets in excel. In a
    particular worksheet, I have 12 columns of data represented three areas of
    four
    column each, the areas are: the base case, the new case, and the model
    case. I
    have two option buttons, one button for the base case and one button for the
    new
    case. I want to be able to allow the users of my model to be able to select
    either the base case or the new case and when they choose that option that
    data
    will populate the columns in the model case section. The model case section
    is
    the data that i want to use in other worksheets in the financial model, but i
    need to know which case (the base or the new) they choosing to use. I want
    to be able to link the columns related to the base case to the base case
    option button and the columns related to the new case to the new case option
    button and depending upon the option selected have that option's columns
    populate the model case columns.

  2. #2
    Tom Ogilvy
    Guest

    Re: how do I link optionbutton to column & copy contents to another co

    link the option buttons to cells. Assume A1 and A2 (A1 Base, A2 New)

    Assume
    H1:K1 is the base case
    M1:P1 is the new case

    R1:U1 is the model case

    in R1
    =if($A$1,H1,if($A$2,M1,"")

    then drag fill this across to U1 (and if you have multiple rows of data,
    select R1:U1 and drag fill down

    Assuming ActiveX OptionButtons from the Control Toolbox Toolbar
    Put the buttons in the same groupname (see properties)

    Tom Ogilvy

    news:[email protected]...