Timing when loading a picture

  1. #1
    Troubled User
    Guest

    Timing when loading a picture

    I have a macro (call it TheFinalPrintMacro) that calls two other macros:
    (call them (LoadPicture) and (PrintLetter)

    The first macro (LoadPicture) changes out the image in Image1 on Sheet1,
    based upon the selection in a drop list. This macro works fine on its own.

    The second macro (PrintLetter) simply prints a portion of the the page
    (Sheet1) that contains, among other things, the image in the first. This
    macro works fine on its own.

    TheFinalPrintMacro simply consists of calling the other macros in order:

    Sub FinalPrintMacro

    LoadPicture
    PrintLetter

    EndSub

    The problem is that the letter is printing before the picture has been
    loaded and I DON'T KNOW WHY. I don't know if I need to have the system
    wait a couple of seconds or verify that it has completed the LoadPicture
    function before calling PrintLetter. Please help.

  2. #2
    Bruno Campanini
    Guest

    Re: Timing when loading a picture

    "Troubled User" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...

    [...]
    > The problem is that the letter is printing before the picture has been
    > loaded and I DON'T KNOW WHY. I don't know if I need to have the system
    > wait a couple of seconds or verify that it has completed the LoadPicture
    > function before calling PrintLetter. Please help.

    Just an ideat at 02:30 AM.
    Try putting a DoEvents between the two procedure calls.

    Bruno

  3. #3
    curlydave
    Guest

    Re: Timing when loading a picture

    can you load the picture and then print the letter in the same macro
    instead of calling 2 separate macros??