Distance/Time calculation

  1. #1
    RC
    Guest

    Distance/Time calculation

    I have a table where I have columns for Distance in Miles, Distance in Yards,
    Release Time and Time Taken (in hours and minutes).
    I also have a form with the same (plus other) data linked to the table.

    When the Distance (eg. 10miles) and Time Taken (eg. 1hr 30mins) are entered
    on the form, I want the distance in yards to be calculated and the speed in
    Yds/min calculated and both entered in the respective cells in the table.

    Question - what formulae do I use and exactly where do I insert the code.

  2. #2
    Bob Phillips
    Guest

    Re: Distance/Time calculation

    Assuming distance in miles in A1, time taken in B1, distance in yards is

    =A1*1760

    and if this is in C1, then speed in Yds/min is

    =C1/(B1*1440)

    Bob Phillips

    news:[email protected]...