countif - I want to enter 2 parameters - how?

  1. #1
    NancyP192
    Guest

    countif - I want to enter 2 parameters - how?

    I have a spreadsheet where I want a total if the # is >9 and <20. How do I
    write this?

  2. #2
    Toppers
    Guest

    RE: countif - I want to enter 2 parameters - how?

    Hi,

    This will give SUM of value > 9 and < 20. Replacing SUMIF with COUNTIF will
    give count of entries >9 and < 20

    =SUMIF($A$1:$A$50,">9")-SUMIF($A$1:$A$50,">=20")

    hth

  3. #3
    Jim Thomlinson
    Guest

    RE: countif - I want to enter 2 parameters - how?

    You can use sumproduct something like this

    =SUMPRODUCT((A2:A50>9)*(A2:A50<20))

    Here is a link to everything you ever wanted to know about sumproduct. It is
    a very useful function...

    HTH...

    Jim Thomlinson