Confused about formatting of contents and cells?

  1. #1
    ZZBC
    Guest

    Confused about formatting of contents and cells?

    For example:
    If a cell contains 4 words "This is a Test" and the word Test is
    displayed in a different color and of a different font size ...
    with the rest of the string ... how would one copy the contents of that
    cell to another cell which is say of a different size, etc. without
    changing other properties of that cell?
    Bob

  2. #2

    Re: Confused about formatting of contents and cells?

    I would think you'd have to look at every character in the cell and keep track
    of the properties you need to keep track of.

    Then copy and paste and apply the properties you want for each character.

    =====
    Or look at the receiving cell. Make a note of the font size and reapply that
    (to the whole cell???) after you copy|paste the funny formatted cell.

  3. #3
    Toppers
    Guest

    RE: Confused about formatting of contents and cells?

    Bob,

    Does this help?

    Range("a1").copy range("b1") <=== B1 takes properties of A1

    Range("b1")=Range("a1") <=== B1 retains its properties

    HTH