downloading from the internet

  1. #1

    downloading from the internet

    Hello Excel Help World-

    I have a list (in excel) of webpages that I want to open and bring into excel. So, I recorded a macro using the Data/Import New Data/New Web Query tool. In VB, I am putting a for loop around this command to successively do all the websites in my list. Since the websites change, I declare a variable (webSite) and set it equal to the cell described by the counter in the for loop. Then, when the recorded macro calls the website, I put in webSite.Value. However, this is giving me a syntax error.

    Any ideas???

    Much thanks for any help you can offer on my problem!

    Dan Marks

  2. #2
    the code and exact error message might help?
    Science is a lot like ***: Sometimes something useful comes out, but that is not the reason we are doing it. - Richard Feynman

  3. #3
    Jim Thomlinson
    Guest

    RE: downloading from the internet

    A few things. Post your code and what line causes the error. Before doing
    that in the VB editor select Debug -> Compile and see if you have any sysntax
    errors...
    --
    HTH...

    Jim Thomlinson