Excel Automatically Clearing The Clipboard

  1. #1
    MDW
    Guest

    Excel Automatically Clearing The Clipboard

    A co-worker of mine is having a strange problem with the Excel clipboard.
    When he highlights and copies a range, Excel will clear the clipboard and the
    moving dotted line will vanish from around the copy area. This happens
    anywhere from between 4 and 20 seconds after he copies. I've seen it happen
    personally.

    He has XL 2000, SP3. Is there a bug or setting in Excel that could account
    for this?

    --
    Hmm...they have the Internet on COMPUTERS now!

  2. #2
    Norman Jones
    Guest

    Re: Excel Automatically Clearing The Clipboard

    Hi MDW,

    Are any macros being run?

    Is there any event code in the sheet's module?

    ---
    Regards,
    Norman

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Norman Jones

  4. #4
    MDW
    Guest

    Re: Excel Automatically Clearing The Clipboard

    Not that I'm aware of.

    This doesn't just happen to one file.

  5. #5
    Gary Keramidas
    Guest

    Re: Excel Automatically Clearing The Clipboard

    disable all add ins

    start excel in safe mode. excel /s

    see if it still happens

    --