Two different views

  1. #1
    Joe Thompson
    Guest

    Two different views

    Hi,

    I am using Excel 2000 and have rows of data, each row representing one
    person like this (simplified):

    Name Age Notes
    xxx 44 blah blah blah...
    yyy 27 yada yada
    zzz 33 more more...

    The problem is the Notes field is sometimes long and makes the row height
    higher than the rest of the rows. I want to be able to able to see it as
    above and like this (especially when printing):

    Name Age Notes
    xxx 44 blah blah blah
    blah blah
    yyy 27 yada yada
    zzz 33 more more
    more

    Is there a way to add a button or something to switch between the two
    "views"? Also, I have multiple pages with the same problem. Thank you for
    any help or ideas.

    Thank you,
    Joe

  2. #2
    George
    Guest

    Re: Two different views

    Goto FORMAT > CELLS > ALIGNMENT
    Turn the WRAP TEXT check box on for the notes column

    Is that what you are after?

    George

  3. #3
    Joe Thompson
    Guest

    Re: Two different views

    Hi George,

    Thank you for the reply. That's what I'm after but I want the users to have
    an easy way to do it like a menu item or button. Any ideas?

    Thanks again,
    Joe

  4. #4
    Toppers
    Guest

    Re: Two different views

    Joe,
    One option is to create a checkbox on your form (use Control
    Toolbox ... View==>Toolbars==>Control Toolbox) and then add the code below
    in the sheet. Add checkbox and then right click==>View code.

    Any range of cells selected will wrap text/unwrap text.

    HTH

    Private Sub CheckBox1_Click()
    Selection.WrapText = CheckBox1 <=== Add this line
    End Sub