Why is Excel so bad at dealing with user forms ? isn't this a major unresolved flaw ?

  1. #1
    Richard Finnigan
    Guest

    Why is Excel so bad at dealing with user forms ? isn't this a major unresolved flaw ?

    I am absolutely disgusted by the fact that Excel cant really cope with user
    forms. On the basis of advice that I have received on this news group its a
    common problem for these forms to become corrupted !! HOW LONG HAS THIS BEEN
    GOING ON FOR ?

    This issue has basically shot down a project that I have spent a great deal
    of time on....at the moment I am feeling totally gutted. We all know that
    Open Office is full of bugs and flaws but in my opinion after discovering
    this little horror MS Excel can hardly be seen to be much more reliable.

    I'm hoping that this is my problem but somehow I don't think that it is. And
    my forms are not that large...they are only 3k.

    grrrr I'll get over it ....tommorow is another day.
    --
    Richard Finnigan
    Work Website http://www.ict-action.com

  2. #2
    RB Smissaert
    Guest

    Re: Why is Excel so bad at dealing with user forms ? isn't this a major unresolved flaw ?

    What is the exact problem?
    I have a very large project with many userforms, one of them very big. No
    problem at all.
    Maybe you need this:
    http://www.appspro.com/Utilities/CodeCleaner.htm

    RBS

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Richard Finnigan
    Guest

    Re: Why is Excel so bad at dealing with user forms ? isn't this a major unresolved flaw ?

    "RB Smissaert" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > What is the exact problem?
    > I have a very large project with many userforms, one of them very big. No
    > problem at all.
    > Maybe you need this:
    > http://www.appspro.com/Utilities/CodeCleaner.htm

    Code cleaner looks excellent I'll try it. basically fromname.show does not
    work and the form cant be loaded though it opens on the forms own initialize
    event. Richard

  4. #4
    RB Smissaert
    Guest

    Re: Why is Excel so bad at dealing with user forms ? isn't this a major unresolved flaw ?

    It sounds like there either is a bug in your code or the project is
    corrupted and then most likely the code cleaner
    will fix it.

  5. #5
    Richard Finnigan
    Guest

    Re: Why is Excel so bad at dealing with user forms ? isn't this a major unresolved flaw ?

    "RB Smissaert" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > It sounds like there either is a bug in your code or the project is
    > corrupted and then most likely the code cleaner
    > will fix it.

    Okay I'll run it and see what happens thanks for your help Richard