enable option buttons

  1. #1
    natanz
    Guest

    enable option buttons

    i have a userform with two listboxes, and six optionbuttions. the
    options buttons are split into 3 pairs of two. at the outset only the
    first pair of option buttons is enabled. the following code tests to
    see if more than one selection is made in a listbox, and if it is, then
    enables a relevant pair of option buttons.

    Private Sub Listbox1_change()
    'check to see if there is a multiple selection
    Dim i As Integer
    Dim Acount As Integer
    Acount = 0

    With Userform1.Listbox1
    For i = 0 To .ListCount - 1
    If .Selected(i) Then
    Acount = Acount + 1
    End If
    Next i
    End With
    If Acount > 1 Then
    Userform1.OptionButton5.Enabled = True
    Userform1.OptionButton6.Enabled = True
    End If
    Userform1.Repaint
    End Sub

    this code works fine, when i run the code, by stepping through it. In
    fact i don't need the Userform1.Repaint line, when i run it this way.
    But the appearance of the userform doesn't change when i run the code
    normally. Is there some other trick to getting this change to happen?

    thanks for your help.

  2. #2

    Re: enable option buttons

    Just a guess...

    DoEvents
    Userform1.Repaint
    'and maybe
    DoEvents

  3. #3
    natanz
    Guest

    Re: enable option buttons

    frustrating. that doesn't work either. I tried all sorts of different
    versions. changing from enabled=false to enabled=true, or
    visible=false to visible=true, but none of that worked.

    the annoying thing is it all works when i try it by stepping through.
    In fact, i have even added a line:

    msgbox userform1.optionbutton6.enabled

    when i step through, it reports the number that i would expect, but
    when i run it in real time it always reports false.

    I am stuck.

  4. #4

    Re: enable option buttons

    Sorry it didn't help.