Macro reading new rows

  1. #1

    Question Macro reading new rows

    Hi again,

    I already asked about this, however I still do not know where to put the lastrow (sorry but I am not very familiar with this programming language). I already did a macro with a certain number of rows. However, it still can not read the extra rows of a text file (with more rows than the ones I used to create the macro initially). Now I know that I could use "lastrow" to make my calculations, however, I still do not know how to include this command in my program. Currently, one part looks like the one showed below: a formula is developed in the range of cells from D2 to D7 however I would like to say, instead of D7, until the last row appears in the file. Thus, I still do not know how to make it. What should I change here (in my main program)? How the subroutine should look like,if so? Hope somebody can help me with this!!!
    Thanks in advance for your help,
    Karolina
    Selection.Delete Shift:=xlUp
    Columns("D:D").Select

    Selection.Insert Shift:=xlToRight
    Rows("1:1").Select

    Selection.Insert Shift:=xlDown
    Range("D2").Select
    ActiveCell.FormulaR1C1 = "=DATE(RC[-1],RC[-3],RC[-2])"

    Selection.AutoFill Destination:=Range("D2:D7"), Type:=xlFillDefault
    Range("D2:D7").Select

  2. #2
    bpeltzer
    Guest

    RE: Macro reading new rows

    I think you just need to change the line that performs the fill. Assuming
    you've already set the variable lastrow to indicate the final row that needs
    to be filled, use that to create the string which is the autofill range:
    Selection.AutoFill Destination:=Range("D2:D" & lastrow), Type:=xlFillDefault
    I'm not sure what's happening after the code you posted; if there are more
    operations made on the range selected as the end, that should be change
    similarly:
    Range("D2:D" & lastrow).Select
    --Bruce

  3. #3

    Re: Macro reading new rows

    Dim LastRow as long

    'I'm not sure what this line does, 'cause it depends on what's selected
    Selection.Delete Shift:=xlUp

    'no need to select a range to work on it.
    Columns("D:D").Insert
    Rows("1:1").Insert

    'find that lastrow based on the data in column A
    LastRow = cells(rows.count,"A").end(xlup).row

    'fill all of the range with the formula at one time.
    Range("D2:D" & lastrow).FormulaR1C1 = "=DATE(RC[-1],RC[-3],RC[-2])"