some functions doesnt work in macro?

  1. #1

    Smile some functions doesnt work in macro?

    hi
    can any one plz tell me that why functions like Find, Search, Concatenate dosent work in macro? do i need to add any reference?
    plz tell me

    thks in advance

  2. #2

    Smile sorry every thing is working

    ActiveCell.Formula = "=concatenate(a2,a4, a3)"

    i forgot to use ""

    sorry
    thks

  3. #3
    Gary''s Student
    Guest

    RE: some functions doesnt work in macro?

    FIND works o.k. on a range:

    Sub Macro2()
    Cells.Find(What:="a").Activate
    End Sub

    Concatenate may not be available. Use:
    Cells(2, 2).Value = Cells(1, 1).Value & Cells(2, 1).Value

    Not all worksheet functions are directly available in VBA.
    --
    Gary''s Student

  4. #4
    Patrick Molloy
    Guest

    RE: some functions doesnt work in macro?

    many functions have VBA equivalents. However, precede sheet functions with

    WorksheetFunction.

    note that some functions, eg VLookup will raise an error if the value being
    looked for doesn't exist in the table being searched ... so you need to trap
    these properly.

    HELP is quite good with examples for the FIND method