Macro to copy range of cells and paste into 1 sheet

  1. #1
    Dean
    Guest

    Macro to copy range of cells and paste into 1 sheet

    Hi, I have 63 separate files which are sent to our stores each month
    and returned, and are identical in format. I have password protected
    them also so our sites cannot alter the layout.

    Each site name is entered in cell B17 and I have created a comments
    section from rows 41 to 47 and wish to copy these rows from each file
    and condolidate into 1 sheet (create a summary of all comments)

    My skills writing macros are fairly basic and would value some
    suggestions on how I can create a report which will extract the site ID
    (B17) followed by rows 41 to 47 from each file.

    Thanks,
    Dean

  2. #2
    Tom Ogilvy
    Guest

    Re: Macro to copy range of cells and paste into 1 sheet

    Sample code at Ron de Bruin's site:

    http://www.rondebruin.nl/copy3.htm

    Tom Ogilvy

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Dean

    Tom Ogilvy wrote:

    > Sample code at Ron de Bruin's site:
    >
    > http://www.rondebruin.nl/copy3.htm
    >
    > --
    > Regards,
    > Tom Ogilvy
    >

    > "Dean" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    > > Hi, I have 63 separate files which are sent to our stores each month
    > > and returned, and are identical in format. I have password protected
    > > them also so our sites cannot alter the layout.
    > >
    > > Each site name is entered in cell B17 and I have created a comments
    > > section from rows 41 to 47 and wish to copy these rows from each file
    > > and condolidate into 1 sheet (create a summary of all comments)
    > >
    > > My skills writing macros are fairly basic and would value some
    > > suggestions on how I can create a report which will extract the site ID
    > > (B17) followed by rows 41 to 47 from each file.
    > >
    > > Thanks,
    > > Dean

    Thanks Tom for the link. I located what I needed, modified and works a
    treat.

    Dean.