convert excel formulas from english to norwegian

  1. #1
    Forum Contributor

    convert excel formulas from english to norwegian

    I live in London, and I'm working on a english version of Excel and VBA..
    I've just finished a massive workbook for my mother with standard english formulas, but it isn't recognised by her norwegian version on Excel and VBA.

    How can I convert this... is there a function library I can add to her version, so she can use my spreadsheets and macros?

    I have found one converter on the net, but it doesn't seem to work properly.

    Help would be much apprichiated,
    Thanks

  2. #2
    Bob Phillips
    Guest

    Re: convert excel formulas from english to norwegian

    Excel should automatically convert those formulae when the workbook is
    opened in a Norwegian version.

    The exception is Analysis Toolpak functions, such as WEEKNUM, MROUND, etc.,
    which don't translate automatically. It is best to rewrite these as non-ATP
    formulae. If you post your ATP formulae, we should be able to help you
    rewrite them.

    Bob Phillips

    "Ctech" <[email protected]> wrote in
    message news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Forum Contributor
    I would expect Excel to automatically convert the function/formualas too... however it does that seem to do this.

    Is there an option in Excel which can turn this on/off?

    I have Office XP on both the computers?

  4. #4
    Bob Phillips
    Guest

    Re: convert excel formulas from english to norwegian

    I don't think so.

    Give an example of an English function that doesn't translate in the
    Norwegian Excel.

    BTW, VBA works in English, regardless of the VBA version.

  5. #5
    Forum Contributor
    Non of the formulas I use gets converted..

    Here is some examples:

    ISNUMBER
    SUMIF
    IF
    AVERAGE
    SUMPRODUCT

    i.e.

    =SUMPRODUCT(--(Inntekter!$B$5:$B$203=$B197),
    --(TEXT(Inntekter!$A$5:$A$203,"yyyymm")=""&K$9&""), --(Inntekter!$C$5:$C$203=$B$193),
    (Inntekter!$E$5:$E$203))

  6. #6
    Forum Contributor
    So If I opens a excel document with norwegian formulas on my PC, should it thenautomatically update when I open it for the first time?

  7. #7
    Bob Phillips
    Guest

    Re: convert excel formulas from english to norwegian

    Should do, doesn't it?

  8. #8
    Ron de Bruin
    Guest

    Re: convert excel formulas from english to norwegian

    For ATP function translations see
    http://www.rondebruin.com/atptranslator.htm

    --
    Regards Ron de Bruin
    http://www.rondebruin.nl

  9. #9
    Forum Contributor
    I'm now on an english PC with an english Excel Workbook, with english fomulas such as SUMIF, SUMPRODUCT etc...

    I want to convert all these Formulas to Norwegian formulas...

    By using:

    For ATP function translations see
    http://www.rondebruin.com/atptranslator.htm
    Nothing happens, when choosing Norwgian... why is this?

  10. #10
    Ron de Bruin
    Guest

    Re: convert excel formulas from english to norwegian

    You can not change the formulas to Norwegian formulas in a English version

    If you have a MUI Office version you can switch to Norwegian
    http://www.microsoft.com/office/edit...e/default.mspx

    The Add-in will change the ATP functions
    When you use Weeknum for example in a English version and open it
    in a Norwegian version the formula give you a error.

    The add-in can change it to Norwegian formula for you then

    --
    Regards Ron de Bruin
    http://www.rondebruin.nl

  11. #11
    Bob Phillips
    Guest

    Re: convert excel formulas from english to norwegian

    His problem seems to be with non-ATP formulae Ron, which is weird.

    Bob Phillips

    news:[email protected]...

  12. #12
    Ron de Bruin
    Guest

    Re: convert excel formulas from english to norwegian

    Hi Bob

    What the OP want is not possible as I understand him correct
    "Use Norwegian formulas in a English version"