Table with descriptions of ButtonFaces

  1. #1
    Scriptick
    Guest

    Table with descriptions of ButtonFaces

    While I like to work with button faces for my popup menus, I feel I
    spend too much time finding the right buttonface that fits my function.
    I admit I may be a bit piclexic.

    Does someone know if there is a table with a wordy description of all
    built-in buttonfaces? For example: I type in clock and the table
    returns me FaceId 33. I have been looking for some time, but could not
    find it.

  2. #2
    Jim Cone
    Guest

    Re: Table with descriptions of ButtonFaces

    I am not aware of any descriptive listing of Face Id's.
    As there are several thousand of them, categorizing them
    would be a tremendous effort requiring more art than science.

    There are several different Excel add-ins available that provide a
    visual display all of the FaceID's. Take a look at this post...
    http://makeashorterlink.com/?X36626CAC
    I am particularly fond of the one from yours truly.
    (remove xxx from my email address and email me asking for it)
    Also, the code posted by RB Smissaert is worth trying.

    Jim Cone
    San Francisco, USA

  3. #3
    Scriptick
    Guest

    Re: Table with descriptions of ButtonFaces

    I agree that the effort is tremendous for one man, but I still hoped
    that someone had the courage to do it.

    We could set up a website and split the job, but first we need to be
    certain that it is not already done.

  4. #4

    Re: Table with descriptions of ButtonFaces

    Jim did it already. In fact, Jim's link shows a couple of options.

  5. #5
    Scriptick
    Guest

    Re: Table with descriptions of ButtonFaces

    Hi Dave,

    The example you refer to is doing the same as the code I wrote myself
    Although it's much better code (great code actually!), it is not giving
    me descriptions of what the icons are showing. What I was suggesting is
    to set up a very simple site, e.g. in PHP, where people can pick up a
    few ButtonFaces and fill in descriptions for them until all faces are
    ready and we have a complete list that can be shared, but Jim's code
    returned 7000+ buttons, so I'm a little discouraged, plus the fact that
    not everybody has the same set of ButtonFaces in their excel (and maybe
    I'm the only one that really wants them, but that's why I brought it up
    in the first place).

    Kind regards,