select rows of data & move to new column

  1. #1

    select rows of data & move to new column

    I'm trying to select every other row of data (2,4,6,8, etc) and move
    these to a new column. What is the simplest and quickest way of doing
    this?

  2. #2

    Re: select rows of data & move to new column

    I use an additional column.

    I put A in row 1 and B in row 2
    I select the cells in x1:X2 (say)
    and then copy down as far as I need

    Then I apply data|filter|autofilter
    show only the A's (or show only the B's) and
    copy the visible rows
    and paste to the new worksheet.

  3. #3
    Toppers
    Guest

    RE: select rows of data & move to new column

    Hi,

    One simply way;

    For i=2 to 100 step 2
    Cells(i,"C")=Cells(i,"A")
    Next i

    will move (put) data from A to C for rows 2 to 100 incrementing by 2

    HTH