copy content of 1 sheet to another one.

  1. #1
    Maileen
    Guest

    copy content of 1 sheet to another one.

    Hi,

    I use VBA and excel 2003. I would like via VBA, copy the content of 1 sheet in
    the file "test.xls" to a sheet in the file "filedesti.xls".

    I tried :

    workbook("test.xls").sheet(1).copy workbook("filedesti.xls").sheet(1)

    but it does not work correctly.
    suddenly, my CPU is used a 100% and Excel process use more than 182 Mb of memory
    for this task, whereas my file "test.xls" is no more than 4.4 Mb.

    could you help me please ?
    thanks a lot,
    maileen

  2. #2
    NAVEEN
    Guest

    RE: copy content of 1 sheet to another one.

    Hi,

    Make a small change in your code as follows and try again

    Workbooks("test").Worksheets("Sheet1").Copy
    After:=Workbooks("filedesti").Worksheets("sheet3")

    Please ensure that both the files "test.xls" and "filedesti.xls" are open
    when executing the code and there should be "Sheet1" in "test.xls" and also
    there should be "Sheet3" in "test.xls".

    With regards
    NAVEEN