urgent VBA question

  1. #1

    Question urgent VBA question

    i have a form which i created using vb editor. How do i manipulate it so that while in run time a user will be able save the form on their c: drive.
    I am fairly new at using vba. I am more familiar with vb 6. I notice using vba i am not able to create a menu editor to accomplish saving, printing, editing.. I know i have to use the form as the interface but how do i transfer my codes i created on the form to the excel sheet. Can someone give me a step by step way of doing this.
    I would really appreciate some expert advise on this one

  2. #2
    Jim Rech
    Guest

    Re: urgent VBA question

    You have to do something like this to persist userform entries:

    Sheet1.Range("a1").Value = _
    TextBox1.Value

    --
    Jim
    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Bob Phillips
    Guest

    Re: urgent VBA question

    Which also means that the next time you load the form, you have to reload
    the data.

    Bob Phillips

    "Jim Rech" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > You have to do something like this to persist userform entries:
    >
    > Sheet1.Range("a1").Value = _
    > TextBox1.Value
    >

    > --
    > Jim
    > "dstyles782001"

    <[email protected]>

  4. #4

    Question Thanks Jim. Where does that code go

    HI jim do i have to close out the form go back to the excel sheet and copy yr code to a cell

  5. #5
    Bob Phillips
    Guest

    Re: urgent VBA question

    No, you should be able to do it in the form, such as in its terminate event.

    Bob Phillips

    "dstyles782001" <[email protected]>
    news:[email protected]...

  6. #6

    where would i add that coding to my existing one

    Private Sub UserForm_Initialize()
    ComboBox1.AddItem "New User Request"
    ComboBox1.AddItem "Change existing User"
    ComboBox2.AddItem "User"
    ComboBox2.AddItem "Enterprise"
    ComboBox2.AddItem "Full Access"
    ComboBox2.AddItem "Accounting - A"