Relative cells in macro - and pasting a formula too.

  1. #1
    Guest

    Relative cells in macro - and pasting a formula too.

    Hi all

    Thanks for reading this. I'm new to macros, so be gentle with me!
    I posted this in excel.misc a couple of hours ago without a response so I am
    trying here. Sorry, but I should have cross-posted.
    Help!
    I have recorded a macro to import a file and run a couple of jobs on it.
    When I look at the macro, it is written with relative references (like
    [RC]-2 and stuff). Is there any way of changing it so that I can understand
    it (like H3)?
    Also , I have written a complex formula which I want the macro to paste into
    a cell - to save having to retype it. The problem is that when I record the
    macro, the pasting of the formula into the cell becomes 'ActiveSheet.paste'
    rather than pasting the actual formula into the cell.

    Cheers.

  2. #2
    Bernie Deitrick
    Guest

    Re: Relative cells in macro - and pasting a formula too.

    Andy,

    See my reply in excel.misc - and please don't cross-post in the future.

    Bernie
    MS Excel MVP