How do I expand Excel lookup function to search more than 16,384 r

  1. #1
    Rusty
    Guest

    How do I expand Excel lookup function to search more than 16,384 r

    Excel 2003 limits lookup functions to searching 16,384 row of the source
    worksheet. Is there a way to expand this window?

  2. #2
    Niek Otten
    Guest

    Re: How do I expand Excel lookup function to search more than 16,384 r

    Do you mean VLOOKUP? There is no such limit.
    What do you see that makes you think so?

    --
    Kind regards,

    Niek Otten

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Bluewolf
    Guest

    Re: How do I expand Excel lookup function to search more than 16,3

    Hi Niek,

    I am hitting the same barrier as Rusty with same version of Excel. If you
    can help please look at my post 3/27/06 VLOOKUP in Data sets of more than
    16384 rows
    --
    A charming and handsome, highley intelectual adept levle Excel user.

  4. #4
    NickHK
    Guest

    Re: How do I expand Excel lookup function to search more than 16,3

    Bluewolf,
    Downgrade to XL2000 ? This version works fine on 40000+, so I can't
    duplicate your problem.
    Otherwise I suppose you could write your own lookup replacement UDF with
    ..Find and .Offset.

    NickHK

    news:[email protected]...

  5. #5
    Rusty
    Guest

    Re: How do I expand Excel lookup function to search more than 16,3

    Thanks Niek, I found that the 16,384 is automatically set as a limit when
    selecting a higher number of rows. At the time I posted the question, I
    mistakenly imagined it to be a limit. But, upon going into the formula and
    changing the row number to whatever I wanted, the formula was accepsted and
    the function worked fine.

  6. #6
    Rusty
    Guest

    Re: How do I expand Excel lookup function to search more than 16,3

    Bluewolf, I did find a work around...... I found that the 16,384 is