Excel buttons display differently on different PC's

  1. #1

    Question Excel buttons display differently on different PC's

    We built a Excel VBA application. We noticed however, that a command button displays diferently from one PC to another PC with the exact same Excel version. The problem is that the text on the Button is cutoff on one Pc; but displays in its enitety on another PC. BTW-- the two PC's in question have 17" monitors, both using Excel 2000.

    What is the solution so that the button name text displays in its entirety on all PC's?

  2. #2
    David McRitchie
    Guest

    Re: Excel buttons display differently on different PC's

    I don't know about the button itself being cut off part, but part of the
    question might be referring to tool tips that don't show up until
    you pass the mouse over the button.
    Tools, Customize, options, show tool tips
    you can right click on the tool bar instead of using Tools, Customize

    If the buttons are cut off, I wouldn't have an answer but I would certainly
    for starters check the system Display settings
    in the control panel for screen resolution to see if they are the same.

    ---
    HTH,

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3

    Smile Its the actual "Text" that is cutoff

    Its the actual "Text" that is cutoff inside the button when viewing the same button on different PC's. Should I look at font settings as well?

  4. #4
    David McRitchie
    Guest

    Re: Excel buttons display differently on different PC's

    Hi Paul,
    Sounds like a good idea, if the font does not exist another font
    would have to be chosen somewhere in the system. Right click on the
    button to see if that brings up properties -- probably right-click on the
    outside edge. Check to see that the font is in your font table and is
    scaleable.

    ---