Extract filter items from Drop-Down Automatic Filter

  1. #1

    Extract filter items from Drop-Down Automatic Filter

    Hi.
    I would like to ask if it is possible to extract individual items from Drop-Down Automatic filter and how (I am total begginer). I have a very long list (+50.000) of values in column and I would like to get nonredundant subset. I wrote a Sub() that compares every item in the column against all the other and deletes those that are the same. But the program is running for ages (2 days :-() Then it dawned on me that the non-redundant list is showed in those Filter Drop-Downs. But I have no clue how to copy it from there.

    I would be really greatful for any help.

  2. #2

    Re: Extract filter items from Drop-Down Automatic Filter

    You could use data|filter|advanced filter and check that unique records only.

    Debra Dalgleish has some instructions with pictures:
    http://www.contextures.com/xladvfilter01.html#FilterUR