[SOLVED] VBA - Delete row if cell contents bold text

  1. #1
    Scott Wagner
    Guest

    [SOLVED] VBA - Delete row if cell contents bold text

    How can this be modified to delete a row if bold text is in a specific column?

    On Error Resume Next
    Columns(2).SpecialCells(xlCellTypeBlanks).EntireRow.Delete
    On Error GoTo 0

    Thanks!

    Scott

  2. #2
    K Dales
    Guest

    RE: VBA - Delete row if cell contents bold text

    Dim CCell As Range

    On Error Resume Next
    For Each CCell In Intersect(ActiveSheet.Columns(2), ActiveSheet.UsedRange)
    If CCell.Characters.Font.Bold Then CCell.EntireRow.Delete
    Next CCell
    On Error Goto 0

    This only works if the entire cell is bolded; if you need to find if any
    individual character is bold you would have to step through each Character in
    CCell.Characters - that would also take significantly more time to run. So
    hopefully this simple version is what you need.
    --
    - K Dales

  3. #3
    Tom Ogilvy
    Guest

    Re: VBA - Delete row if cell contents bold text

    That didn't work for me. It had problems with successive cells being blank
    (as expected).

    Sub BBB()
    Dim lastrow as Long, i as Long
    lastrow = Cells(Rows.Count, 2).End(xlUp).Row
    For i = lastrow To 1 Step -1
    If Cells(i, 2).Font.Bold Then
    Rows(i).Delete
    End If
    Next
    End Sub

    avoids that problem.

    Tom Ogilvy

    news:[email protected]...

  4. #4
    Tom Ogilvy
    Guest

    Re: VBA - Delete row if cell contents bold text

    > successive cells being blank

    should have been

    successive cells being BOLD

    Tom Ogilvy

    news:[email protected]...

  5. #5
    Ron de Bruin
    Guest

    Re: VBA - Delete row if cell contents bold text

    Hi Scott

    EasyFilter have this option
    http://www.rondebruin.nl/easyfilter.htm

    --
    Regards Ron de Bruin
    http://www.rondebruin.nl

  6. #6
    Ron de Bruin
    Guest

    Re: VBA - Delete row if cell contents bold text

    Hi Scott

    I fixed a bug in the delete option on the color tab of the add-in
    I upload a new version

    --
    Regards Ron de Bruin
    http://www.rondebruin.nl