Disable sheet copy/move

  1. #1
    Serbia & Montenegro

    Disable sheet copy/move

    Is it possible to disable copy and/or move sheet from one to other workbook?

  2. #2

    Re: Disable sheet copy/move

    I don't think so.

    You could stop the move by protecting the workbook's structure:
    tools|protection|protect workbook

    But that kind of protection is easily broken.

  3. #3
    Serbia & Montenegro
    Maybe i didn't wrote my question right ...
    I need to disable "Move or Copy" on right click menu on sheet name.
    I know that is posible to disable copy and /or cut on cells right click menu but i don't know how to refer to right click on sheet name.

  4. #4

    Re: Disable sheet copy/move

    It's called ply.

    Application.CommandBars("Ply").Controls("move or copy...").Enabled = False
    or
    Application.CommandBars("Ply").Controls("move or copy...").Visible = False

    It's nice to turn it back when you're done (when you close your workbook).

    Don't forget to stop
    Edit|move or copy sheet...

    And any other toolbars that the user has created--or any macro that they've
    created...

    or just dragging (or controlclick and drag) to move/copy.

    (Sounds like a problem to me.)

    And I was answering the move/copy sheet--I didn't mean copying the cells (in
    that first post).

  5. #5
    Registered User Ivan F Moala's Avatar
    Auckland, New Zealand
    If I understand you correctly then perhaps something like this......

    Don't forget to reset after use as this setting will remain.
    Kind Regards,
    Ivan F Moala From the City of Sails
    \1

  6. #6