Setting print area to text

  1. #1
    BrianW
    Guest

    Setting print area to text

    Hi all
    I want to set the length of my print area by the text "Overall Total" in
    column B. It's location can vary by up to 500 rows.
    My print area always starts at cell A1:H?. ? being the row that contains
    "Overall Total"
    At the moment I have the print area set to A1:H200.
    Can anyone tell me how to write the macro code to set the print area to the
    row containing "Overall Total".
    My sheet name is "Printout". & I'm using Excel 2003

    Thanks in advance
    Brian

  2. #2
    Norman Jones
    Guest

    Re: Setting print area to text

    Hi Brian,

    Try:

    '=============>>
    Public Sub Tester001()
    Dim WB As Workbook
    Dim SH As Worksheet
    Dim LRow As Long
    Const sStr As String = "Overall Total"

    Set WB = Workbooks("Your Book.xls") '<<==== CHANGE
    Set SH = WB.Sheets("Sheet1") '<<==== CHANGE

    With SH
    LRow = .Cells.Find(What:=sStr, _
    After:=.Range("A1"), _
    LookIn:=xlFormulas, _
    LookAt:=xlWhole, _
    SearchOrder:=xlByRows, _
    SearchDirection:=xlNext, _
    MatchCase:=False).Row
    End With

    SH.PageSetup.PrintArea = "$A$1:$H$" & LRow

    End Sub
    '<<=============

    ---
    Regards,
    Norman

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    BrianW
    Guest

    Re: Setting print area to text

    Norm thanks for that your help.
    Code works fine.
    Had to twik the code slightly as I should have mentioned that the name of
    the work book changes each time I use it.
    Here's my final code in case other newbees may be interested

    Public Sub Macro1()
    Let FName = Worksheets("Pricing").Cells(5, 12) '<<== Reference to new
    file name
    Dim WB As Workbook
    Dim SH As Worksheet
    Dim LRow As Long
    Const sStr As String = "Overall Total"

    Set WB = Workbooks(FName) '<<==== CHANGE
    Set SH = WB.Sheets("Printout") '<<==== CHANGE

    With SH
    LRow = .Cells.Find(What:=sStr, _
    After:=.Range("A1"), _
    LookIn:=xlFormulas, _
    LookAt:=xlWhole, _
    SearchOrder:=xlByRows, _
    SearchDirection:=xlNext, _
    MatchCase:=False).Row
    End With

    SH.PageSetup.PrintArea = "$A$1:$G$" & LRow

    End Sub

    Once again thankyou for your time and your assistance. It's greatly
    appreciated.
    Have a great day