listing all sheets in all workbooks in a directory

  1. #1
    Todd Huttenstine
    Guest

    listing all sheets in all workbooks in a directory

    Dave Peterson and LenB responded to this post yesterday.

    Im sorry I forgot to state that I needed this without actually opening
    any workbooks.

    Below is what I need:
    I need to list all the worksheets in all the workbooks in a specfic
    directory.

    I need it to look in C:\Test and list the Workbook name and the sheet
    name next to it. For example:
    Workbook1 - Sheet1
    Workbook1 - Sheet2
    Workbook1 - Sheet3
    Workbook1 - Sheet4
    Workbook2 - Sheet1
    Workbook2 - Sheet2
    Workbook2 - Sheet3

    What is the code for this?

  2. #2
    GB
    Guest

    RE: listing all sheets in all workbooks in a directory

    Although I have been lambasted for the ethics that I have used in formatting
    not specifically writing out the code for the user), a matter of point would
    be to try to maintain all responses regarding a single "problem" in one
    thread/response group. You may have an answer there already if you haven't
    looked, and you may have reposted this particular question there as well. I
    have not done the investigation to determine that.

    I can not answer the question, as I would think that it would require
    "opening" each workbook, even if the user doesn't see this action, to be able
    to determine the worksheets in each workbook. As for the code to open all
    workbooks in a subdirectory, I think that I have seen help somewhere in this
    forum that does such, and then you can pull the list of worksheets within
    that workbook and build your data to present in the method you desire.

    V/R,
    GB

  3. #3
    GS
    Guest

    RE: listing all sheets in all workbooks in a directory

    Check this site out:

    http://www.appspro.com/Tips/Tips_And_Tricks.htm

    Look for "Get a List of Sheetnames From a Closed Workbook"

    Good luck,
    GS

  4. #4
    GB
    Guest

    RE: listing all sheets in all workbooks in a directory

    Learn something every day. Thanks for the info also, I might have a need for
    that in the future.