combos and dates

  1. #1
    Shorty
    Guest

    combos and dates

    Hello
    I am trying to create three combos (day, month and year) i could just
    enter each day, each month and each year i want to the user to have the
    options to use. However i am sure i have seen some code which only
    allows the correct day to be shown depending on the month and year
    selected. can anyone help with this? I would also like todays date to
    be shown as the default day, month and year but have no idea how to go
    about it. at the moment im just using the =now() option to get todays
    date and not giving the user an option to select different.
    Any help would be great! Thanks as always!
    Shorty

  2. #2
    BillyRogers
    Guest

    RE: combos and dates

    Shorty,

    You can use the Microsoft Date and Time Picker control 6.0 (sp4) in Excel
    2000. It defaults to todays date and looks like a combo box. When you click
    the down arrow a calendar pops up below the combo box allowing you to click
    left and right buttons to go back or forward a month at a time.

    You can find it in the control toolbox under the "More controls" button that
    looks like a hammer and wrench with three dots underneath them.
    --
    Billy Rogers

    Dallas,TX

    Currently Using Office 2000

  3. #3
    Shorty
    Guest

    Re: combos and dates

    Thanks for that, ive had a look in there but cant find the date and
    time picker, is there anyway to download this option or just to insert
    the VB code for it? im using excel 2000 but dont know what SP it is.
    Thanks,
    Shorty

  4. #4
    Shorty
    Guest

    Re: combos and dates

    found the file i need to download at:
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/297381/en-us
    however once i put the Microsoft Date and Time Picker control 6.0 on
    the worksheet, i cant select any information and the drop down/calendar
    wont load up, any suggestions?
    Shorty

  5. #5
    Shorty
    Guest

    Re: combos and dates

    quick note for the above post, the Microsoft Date and Time Picker
    control 6.0 is SP6 will this make a difference?

  6. #6
    BillyRogers
    Guest

    Re: combos and dates

    Shorty,

    I'm not sure if this is the problem, but when you place the control on the
    sheet you autmatically go into design mode. In order to use the control you
    need to exit design mode by clicking the icon on the control toolbox toolbar
    that looks like a green triangle with a pencil. To link the control to a
    cell, make sure you are in design mode and right click and select properties
    and set the linked cell property to a cell address.

    I'm not sure about differences with sp6.

  7. #7
    Shorty
    Guest

    Re: combos and dates

    I have tried to link the control to a cell, It shows the date in the
    linked cell which is great. Though for some reason i still can not
    change the value in the date box. I have linked it to a cell, set min
    and max dates and enabled the check box. here is the code i get when
    double clicking on the date box

    Private Sub DTPicker1_CallbackKeyDown(ByVal KeyCode As Integer, ByVal
    Shift As Integer, ByVal CallbackField As String, CallbackDate As Date)
    End Sub

    Should be some more code in here?

  8. #8
    BillyRogers
    Guest

    Re: combos and dates

    You don't need to add any code to be able to select a date. There should be
    a calendar that pops up when you click the down arrow. If that's not working
    I don't know what is wrong. The only thing I can think of is that you need
    to make sure you aren't in design mode. The code that comes up when you
    click the control in design mode is fine. It's just a shell for adding code.

    there is another calendar control "Calendar Control 9.0" . It basically does
    the same thing except the calendar stays visible, it doesn't hide after you
    select a date.