Pivot table refresh error

  1. #1
    Robert
    Guest

    Pivot table refresh error

    Hi,

    I am having a problem with refreshing a pivot table from a network computer.

    I have created a pivot table which uses a DBF table as its data source. I
    can update this file and when i run the refresh on my computer it's fine.
    However, if someone else tries to refresh the table from a different computer
    in the network then it comes up with the following message:

    [Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Data source name not found and no default
    driver specified

    I have added the Active Componants to the computer as i was told that this
    was a probably reason for the error.

    Can someone please advise me what I'm doing wrong.

    Many thanks in advance

    Rob

  2. #2
    Forum Contributor
    I also would like to know the 'proper' way to do this.

    I use the following as a workaround. On the second workstation where the pivot table will not refresh, double click on some value to create a new worksheet containing the data which makes up that value. Give the data in this worksheet a named range (sourcedata)

    In the pivot table wizard, change the data source to 'microsoft excel list or database' = 'sourcedata' and set the Option of 'save data with table layout' to unticked. (last step may be unnecessary)

    Then go back to the wizard and change the data source to 'external data' and go through the steps to select the external data source.

    Hope this helps..

  3. #3
    Robert
    Guest

    Re: Pivot table refresh error

    Hi Steven,

    No I can't seem to get your workaround to work either. Thanks for trying
    anyway

    Rob