How do I generate a report in Excel?

  1. #1
    Tarique
    Guest

    How do I generate a report in Excel?

    I want to generate a report in Excel using VBA Programming, which I can
    generate report and modify its contents, get prints and chart for analysis
    report. Get report from data for today, Month to date and year to date.

  2. #2
    Tom Ogilvy
    Guest

    Re: How do I generate a report in Excel?

    http://www.contextures.com/tiptech.html
    Debra Dalgleish's site

    Look at information on Pivot Tables and Filters.

    Tom Ogilvy

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3

    Re: How do I generate a report in Excel? Why do most Excel books suck?

    Tom Ogilvy wrote:
    > http://www.contextures.com/tiptech.html
    > Debra Dalgleish's site

    Her book (and web site) looks like it provides helpful tips, but it's
    written for non-programmers.

    A book like the "Perl Cookbook" about Excel instead of Perl is whats
    needed. It should have a short introduction on ADO, comprehensive
    information on accessing Ranges (Cells/Offsets/Columns/Rows), examples
    of user defined VBA objects (with Lets and Gets), and best programming
    practices (i.e. Excel design patterns). It should include tips on
    using addins, templates, frozen panes, sheet level form controls,
    forms, examples of efficiently coded idioms, mail merging , and pdf
    conversion.

    Jwalk's books are very good, but they don't have enough serious
    programming examples.

    Another thing ... why is it that most Excel books are 400 or 600 pages?
    If the books were smaller I think you'd see a lot more people reading
    them during their morning commutes.