I am new to excel programming, can you help please?

  1. #1
    Brian
    Guest

    I am new to excel programming, can you help please?

    HI, I am new to excel and this group so treat me kindly :-)

    I want to add some VB code to transfer the cell location on one sheet to
    another.

    That is on sheet1 in cell A1 via VB code I want to insert in that cell
    "=sheet2!c3" so that A1 is always the value of sheet2!c2.

    I am using a ListBox to get a value of a list and put it in 'Reff'.

    The list in sheet 'Constants' is range A3 to A10, so a 3 in Reff points to
    Constants!A5.

    In 'Selection.Cells(1).Offset(0, 1)' I want to end up with "=Constants!A5".
    How do I get there from here?

    Thanks for any help you can give me.

    Also can you reccomend a good book (no, not Harry Potter....)

    ---------------code snip --------------------

    Range("Reff") = lstSelection.ListIndex
    Selection.Cells(1) = lstSelection.Text 'this works fine
    Selection.Cells(1).Offset(0, 1) = 'what do I put here???
    ---------------------end snip

    Cheers
    Brian
    ___________________________________
    Expressive Systems.
    www.expressivesystems.com

  2. #2
    Chip Pearson
    Guest

    Re: I am new to excel programming, can you help please?

    Brian,

    Try something like

    Worksheets("Sheet2").Range("C3").Value = _
    Worksheets("Sheet1").Range("C1").Value

    --
    Cordially,
    Chip Pearson

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Carim
    Guest

    Re: I am new to excel programming, can you help please?

    Hi Brian,

    Following should do the job :
    Worksheets("Sheet1").Range("A1").Formula = "=Sheet2!C2"

    HTH
    Cheers
    Carim