Cell input mask

  1. #1
    Dan N
    Guest

    Cell input mask

    Is there a way to create an input mask for a cell to only allow the entry of
    letters or numbers (no symbols)? And if the user enters a symbol, I need to
    display a message saying "Enter letters and numbers only."

    Any help will be GREATLY appreciated.

  2. #2
    Jim Rech
    Guest

    Re: Cell input mask

    You cannot check an entry while it is being made. Nor control what the user
    can type. After it's entered you can check it.

    --
    Jim
    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Dan N
    Guest

    Re: Cell input mask

    How can the entry be checked after it is entered? Can that be done
    automatically? Can I still display a message stating the violation (of
    entering symbols)? I only need to do this for one cell. Thanks for your
    response.
    - Dan N.

  4. #4
    Jim Rech
    Guest

    Re: Cell input mask

    Use the Worksheet Change event. This article discusses the concept:

    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/213373/en-us