mailmerge to a word document from email addresses in a single cell of an excel sheet

  1. #1
    junoon
    Guest

    mailmerge to a word document from email addresses in a single cell of an excel sheet

    hi all,

    i have an excel worksheet which has some data a row. the last column in
    that row is for email addresses. i am entering multiple email addresses
    in
    a single cell. when i click one of the email addresses in that cell, it
    should transfer all the email addresses into a word mailmerge document
    which i am printing for multiple users.

    But when i click, only the first email address comes into the field in
    the
    Word Mailmerge document.

    Please note that I dont want to place each email address in a single
    cell
    in that last column as one row needs to have multiple email addresses.

    I also donot want to merge each cell in a column with the one below it,
    inorder to have the last column showing each address in each cell one
    below the other.

    PLEASE HELP ASAP

  2. #2
    David McRitchie
    Guest

    Re: mailmerge to a word document from email addresses in a single cell of an excel sheet

    Hi ....,
    I think your problem is that you don't have titles at the top of each column.
    For step by step instructions to do mail merge to print labels see

    Also make sure that your worksheet is at the first worksheet tab, drag it there
    if it is not.

    If not labels the letters, and envelopes are much the same, but you can refer
    to one of links on the above page to a Microsoft Word oriented presentation.
    ---
    HTH,

  3. #3
    junoon
    Guest

    Re: mailmerge to a word document from email addresses in a single cell of an excel sheet

    Hi David,

    sorry, I guess i was not clear before.

    The Excel workbook has only 1 worksheet & i.e the worksheet which i am
    using to put data into fields on a word Mailmerge document. the excel
    sheet has been selected as the Data source. All the data are coming
    into the word document..no problems, except the email addresses, which
    i have entered (separated yb semi-colons) into a SINGLE CELL in the
    worksheet. Only the 1st email address appears in the field in the
    mailmerge document, not the others.

    I want to get all the email addresses to show in the field in word,
    whenever i click on an email address in the single cell of the
    worksheet.

    Rgds,

    Junoon

  4. #4
    David McRitchie
    Guest

    Re: mailmerge to a word document from email addresses in a single cell of an excel sheet

    You must have each field in a separate cells across the row.
    Make a copy of the worksheet (remember must be the first worksheet tab).
    Use Data (menu), Text to columns to separate at semicolons
    - choose delimited in the first dialog
    - use semi-colon as the delimiter
    ---