Spreadsheet To Auto Generate Monthly Calendar

  1. #1
    ATL10SPRO
    Guest

    Spreadsheet To Auto Generate Monthly Calendar

    Good Morning Everyone,

    Has anyone come across an Excel generated monthly calendar updated
    using data stored in an Excel spreadsheet? For example, let's say I
    have a column with the date 16-Mar-06. Under the date column I have
    the task "Attend Propulsion Mtg." I would like to see a montly
    calendar for March created and the task "Attend Propulsion Mtg." placed
    in the box for the day (16 March). I may have additional tasks for
    the same day. The calendar will need to display them all. If it would
    be easier, I already have a monthly calendar created. I just do not
    know how to programmatically place the task in the corresponding
    calendar box for a particular day.

    The data containing the date and task can be placed as a column/column;
    column/row; row/row. It does not matter. I can change the spreadsheet
    to meet your recommendations.

    Your assistance is greatly appreciated.

    Thank you!

    Edwin

  2. #2
    Tom Ogilvy
    Guest

    RE: Spreadsheet To Auto Generate Monthly Calendar

    assume the date is in A1 of Sheet1 and below it are any events you want
    entered. Assume each sheet has the name of the month (spelled out). that
    the calendar starts in column A with each day being composed of 1 column and
    multiple rows. That each day will have enough rows to accomodate any events.
    That the numeric day of that month is in the first row of the day and it is
    a number (1 to 31)

    Sub ProcessDate()
    Dim rng as Range, cell as Range
    Dim sMth as String, lastrow as Long, j as Long
    Dim i as Long
    set rng = Worksheets("Sheet1").Range("A1") ' date
    sMth = format(rng.Value,"MMMM")

    With Worksheets(sMth)
    lastrow = .cells(rows.count,1).End(xlup).row
    for i = lastrow to 1 step -1
    if isnumeric(.cells(i,1)) then
    if day(rng) >= .cells(i,1) and day(rng) <= .cells(i,1)+7 then
    set cell = .cells(i,day(rng)-.cells(i,1))
    j = 2
    do while not isempty(rng(j))
    cell(j) = rng(j)
    j = j + 1
    Loop
    end if
    end if
    Next
    End Sub

    code is untested and represents a possible approach and a structure. It may
    contain typos or logic errors. Alter it to suit your situation.

    Tom Ogilvy

  3. #3
    ATL10SPRO
    Guest

    Re: Spreadsheet To Auto Generate Monthly Calendar

    Thank you Tom!