Bloated file size

  1. #1
    anny
    Guest

    Bloated file size

    hello - I hope this is posted to the correct group

    I've noticed that the size of my excel file gets really bloated at times,
    even after I've made fairly minor changes. Where can I look to learn about
    possible causes of this bloating. (the file, NOT me)

    TQ
    Anny

  2. #2
    Jim Thomlinson
    Guest

    RE: Bloated file size

    The most likely reason is that you are creating cells which end up as being
    blank. They still use up memory, despite the fact that they appear blank. To
    test if this is the case look at the scroll bars. On each sheet drag them to
    the bottom and far right. If they go past the end of the populated data then
    you have found your problem. To fix this just delete (not clear contents) of
    all of the cells which extend past the end of your data and then save the
    file. The scroll bars should now only travel to the end of the populated
    cells and the file size should be much smaller...
    --
    HTH...

    Jim Thomlinson

  3. #3