Closed Thread
Results 1 to 3 of 3

Can Paramaters be used w/ OLE SQL Query & Excel

  1. #1
    Nodak
    Guest

    Can Paramaters be used w/ OLE SQL Query & Excel

    I have used Parameters w/ ODBC MS Query, but would like to use Parameters
    with an OLE connection to SQL Server... does not seems to work gives error
    "No Value Given for one or More Parameters"

    Ideally it would be great to refer to a Excel Range name in the OLE Query to
    get the Paramaters.

    Thanks in Advance

  2. #2
    Robin Hammond
    Guest

    Re: Can Paramaters be used w/ OLE SQL Query & Excel

    When you say you want parameters, do you mean for a stored procedure, or
    just a straight SQL query with a few where clauses?

    There's a routine I posted here that shows how to run a parameterised stored
    proc.

    http://groups.google.com.hk/group/mi...2dd1dee?hl=en&

    Robin Hammond
    www.enhanceddatasystems.com

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Nodak
    Guest

    Re: Can Paramaters be used w/ OLE SQL Query & Excel

    Robin -

    I am "new" to SQL and just put basic Select statements in ODBC MS Query box.
    If I enter "?" in Where statement it will prompt when I refresh in Excel to
    enter values. I normally just point them to Excel cells for the values.
    Using "Parameters" on the Excel menu

    I have not been able when using OLE Execl SQL link to get it to prompt me
    for values.

    Does your link prompt when you "Refresh Data" in Excel? Sadly I will admit
    your Stored Proc is more advanced than I am familar with.
    Thanks ..

    "Robin Hammond" wrote:

    > When you say you want parameters, do you mean for a stored procedure, or
    > just a straight SQL query with a few where clauses?
    >
    > There's a routine I posted here that shows how to run a parameterised stored
    > proc.
    >
    > http://groups.google.com.hk/group/mi...2dd1dee?hl=en&
    >
    > Robin Hammond
    > www.enhanceddatasystems.com
    >
    > "Nodak" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    > >I have used Parameters w/ ODBC MS Query, but would like to use Parameters
    > > with an OLE connection to SQL Server... does not seems to work gives error
    > > "No Value Given for one or More Parameters"
    > >
    > > Ideally it would be great to refer to a Excel Range name in the OLE Query
    > > get the Paramaters.
    > >
    > > Thanks in Advance

Closed Thread