Copy Sheet Error/Limit

  1. #1
    miha
    Guest

    Copy Sheet Error/Limit

    I have integrated following code teken from
    http://groups.google.co.uk/group/mic...9efbd555e9483a

    Sub Test()
    Dim i As Integer
    Application.ScreenUpdating = False
    For i = 1 To 100
    Sheets("Master").Copy After:=Sheets(Sheets.Count)
    Sheets("Master (2)").Name = Format(i, "0000")
    Next i
    Application.ScreenUpdating = True
    End Sub

    But when coopying Master sheet I got error at 55th copy. "Runtime error
    '1004', Copy method of worksheet class failed"
    Problem is allready described here
    http://groups.google.com/group/micro...7e7df0dd64bfa1

    Does anyone has a sollution as I have to copy Master sheet 500 times.

  2. #2
    Tom Ogilvy
    Guest

    RE: Copy Sheet Error/Limit

    What version of Excel. If not xl97, then the link you cited contains several
    workarounds.

    It isn't clear why you would need 500 worksheets in a workbook, but you
    might rethink your design.

    Tom Ogilvy

  3. #3
    miha
    Guest

    Re: Copy Sheet Error/Limit

    I have Excel 2003.

    I need 500 sheets or more as I use this for bills in company.

  4. #4
    Tom Ogilvy
    Guest

    Re: Copy Sheet Error/Limit

    If you are printing the bills, you could make a single form and have a
    database. Put data in the form, print, clear the form, put data in the
    form, print, clear the form, etc. (obviously doing this with code, not by
    hand).

    If you need a file with the form filed, then after printing you could copy
    the sheet to a new workbook and save it. Save all the files in a separate
    folder.

    that is what I mean by alter your design.
    the difference is this might work while right now you don't have a solution.

    Tom Ogilvy

  5. #5
    miha
    Guest

    Re: Copy Sheet Error/Limit

    I have found the solution at

    quote:
    | WORKAROUND
    | To work around this problem, insert a new worksheet from a
    template instead of copying an existing worksheet. To do this:
    | 1. Create a new workbook, and then delete all of the worksheets
    except for one.
    | 2. Format the workbook and add any text, data, and charts that
    you must have in the template by default.
    | 3. Click File, and then click Save As.
    | 4. In the File name box, type the name that you want for the
    Excel template.
    | 5. In the Save as type list, click Template (*.xlt), and then
    click Save.
    | 6. To insert the template programmatically, use the following
    code:
    | Sheets.Add Type:=path\filename
    | where path\filename is a string that contains the full path and
    file name for your sheet template.

  6. #6
    Doug
    Guest

    Re: Copy Sheet Error/Limit

    I was having the same problem with copy, so tried the workaround below, but
    now am getting the error

    Run-time error '1004'
    Method 'Add' of object 'Sheets' failed

    This is very similar to the copy error I was getting. Has anyone had this
    problem?