Seek Charting Tip

  1. #1

    Seek Charting Tip

    Hi,

    I need an XL Charting tip ...

    I have an example of what is working for me - and an example where I
    need help.

    The point of the first example is to give an indication of the tip I
    need.

    ''''' What Works Great '''''''

    I have the following data in a worksheet

    rr bb 60
    bb 80
    dd cc 90
    cc 100

    Where using the Chart Wizard generates a footer that looks like this :

    | bb | rr | cc | cc |
    | rr | dd |

    Which works great.

    ''''' Where I Need Help ''''''

    When the data in the worksheet looks like this (singleton case)

    rr bb 60

    Using the Chart Wizard generates a footer that looks like this :

    1

    I want it to be consistent with the great-working example and to look
    like this:

    | bb |
    | rr |

    '''''''''''

    Suggestions?

    I'm building the Charts with VBA so a VBA solution is OK.

    Thanks.

  2. #2
    Andy Pope
    Guest

    Re: Seek Charting Tip

    Hi,

    Would appear that you need at least 2 data points for the chart to give
    you the double axis labels.
    If you only have a single point you could fake it by using the following
    formula ="bb" & char(10) & "rr"
    in a single cell as the axis labels.

    Cheers
    Andy