Calling a DLL in MS-Excel

  1. #1
    Jim
    Guest

    Calling a DLL in MS-Excel

    I have the following instructions to call a DLL from Visual Basic. I don't
    know how to do this and wondered if someone could assist me or explain to me
    in layman's terms how to accomplish it.

    Thanks,

    Jim

    This is the calling routine from Visual Basic
    ‘-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Option Explicit
    Private Sub Command1_Click()
    '
    trsm = InputBox("enter legal location")
    meridian = InputBox("OPTIONAL/enter meridian")
    state = InputBox("OPTIONAL/enter state XX")
    Call trsm2ll(trsm, Len(trsm), meridian, Len(meridian), state, Len(state),
    lat, lng, lerror)
    MsgBox "latitude=" & lat & " longitude=" & lng & " error=" & lerror & "
    trsm=" & trsm & " state=" & state & " meridian=" & meridian
    End Sub
    ‘---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    And this is the Module declaration.
    ‘--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Option Explicit
    Public lerror As Integer
    Public lat As Single
    Public lng As Single
    Public state As String * 2
    Public meridian As String * 2
    Public trsm As String * 16
    Declare Sub trsm2ll Lib _
    "TRSM2LL.DLL" _
    (ByVal trsm As String, ByVal l1 As Long, _
    ByVal meridian As String, ByVal l2 As Long, _
    ByVal state As String, ByVal l3 As Long, _
    lat As Single, _
    lng As Single, _
    lerror As Integer)

    The following Visual Fortran DLLs must be present on you computer:
    DFORRT.DLL
    DFORMD.DLL
    MSVCRT.DLL

  2. #2
    Chris
    Guest

    Re: Calling a DLL in MS-Excel

    Either the DLLs aren't present on your system and they need to be or they
    need to be registered, ex.

    regsvr32 DFORRT.DLL

    news:[email protected]...