Can' find project or library Error

  1. #1
    Nicholas B
    Guest

    Can' find project or library Error

    I've an XLS file (1.5 Mb) with several hundred lines of VBA code, that I've
    stripped down to one line of code on a single button on a single sheet, that
    line is

    Crlf = CHR(10)

    But it crashes with
    Compile Error ;
    Can't find project or library
    Which is the error I'm getting when I try to use the 1.5MB file normally

    If I create a new XLS file on the same PC with the same single line of code
    on a single button it works (of course)

    But I've scanned the XLS file with both McAffee + Nortons and shows no
    infection

    After all that, here's my question
    Does anyone know of something simple I'm overlooking, some simple way of
    switching off macros or corrupting them so the XLS files open and all
    formula's work, all sheets are visible nothing seems wrong, except the
    Macro's will not run ?

    Thanks

    Nick

  2. #2
    Jim Thomlinson
    Guest

    RE: Can' find project or library Error

    In the VB explorer click Tools -> References and look for a reference that
    starts with the word "Missing:" This reference does not exist on this
    machine. You need to uncheck it and pick a lesser version of the same
    reference (assuming that the reference is required at all).

    --
    HTH...

    Jim Thomlinson