XP Developer Upgrade

  1. #1
    MSweetG222
    Guest

    XP Developer Upgrade

    I researched on the internet to purchase an UPGRADE verison from XP Office
    Professional to XP Office Developer - but none of the websites have it in
    stock.
    I thought I purchased it at one site, but a day later I rec'd an email that
    they were out of stock. I researched "How to Buy" on Microsoft, but was
    unable to locate the upgrade.

    Does anyone know where a upgrade version can be acquired?

    Or do I have to purchase the full version?

    Thank you
    MSweetG222

  2. #2
    George Nicholson
    Guest

    Re: XP Developer Upgrade

    AFAIK, there was no separate Developer "upgrade" for Office XP. Developer
    stuff was only available with a purchase of the full Office XP Developers
    Edition (ODE).

    Office 2000 had a separate Developer's Tools "upgrade" so you could bring
    Office 2000 Premium up to Office 2000 ODE level. Office 2003 Developer tools
    are only available separately. Office XP Developer tools were only available
    as part of the full Office XP Developers Edition.

    Needless to say, marketing has been a bit inconsistent...

    I'm guessing that whatever Office XP "upgrade" products you are seeing are
    probably full Office XP ODE's for which Office 2000, Office 97, etc. would
    be qualifying products, *not* Office XP Premium. Be sure you know what it's
    supposedly "upgrading" and that you have a qualifying product. (Or, as you
    say, buy the "full" version. 6 years later, is there really that much
    difference in price?)

    HTH,
    --
    George Nicholson