Search For Multiple Entries - Combine and Sum

  1. #1
    Ledge
    Guest

    Search For Multiple Entries - Combine and Sum

    Hi Folks, Hoping I could get some guidance with this:

    I have 3 columns of data on sheet1.

    Column A is numerical "APN"
    Column B is text "Product Description"
    Column C is numerical "Total"

    Is there a way to search column A for multiple matching entries and if
    so to sum the total while reducing back to one entry?

    EG: SHEET CURRENTLY LOOKS LIKE THIS

    APN Product Description Total
    25454 AAA 2
    32121 BBB 1
    32654 CCC 2
    25454 AAA 5

    WOULD LIKE IT TO DO THIS

    APN Product Description Total
    25454 AAA 7
    32121 BBB 1
    32654 CCC 2

    This one is beyond my skills and would appreciate any assistance.

    Thanks for your time.

    Dean

  2. #2
    Don Guillett
    Guest

    Re: Search For Multiple Entries - Combine and Sum

    a sumproduct function should do it
    =sumproduct((a2:a22=25454)*(b2:b22="a")*c2:c22)

    --
    Don Guillett
    SalesAid Software
    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Toppers
    Guest

    RE: Search For Multiple Entries - Combine and Sum

    Dean,

    =SUMPRODUCT(--(A2:A5=25454),--(C2:C5))

    Or

    =SUMPRODUCT(--(A2:A5=G2),--(C2:C5))

    where G2=25454

    So if you have a list of all APN and Descriptions in a TOTAL sheet and your
    other multiple entry data on a DATA sheet then you could use this for each
    APN in your TOTAL sheet and copy down.

    =SUMPRODUCT(--(Data!A2:A100=Total!A2),--(Data!C2:100))

    Change ranges to suit

    HTH