Saving email attachments

  1. #1
    ir26121973
    Guest

    Saving email attachments

    Hi,

    Wonder if someone can help me please.

    I have a macro that looks for emails containing a certain word in the
    subject line. It takes the attachments from those emails, copies them and
    pastes them in a shared C Drive folder.

    To save the attachments I am using the filesize as a unique filename.
    However the problem is that when there are two files with the same file size,
    one overwrites the other.

    I know I can use the subject line in it's entirety but the subject line is
    too long. There is however a unique number within each file that starts with
    ":File then 5 different digits".

    Does anyone know please whether I can use just this part of the subject line
    within to use to save the file or perhaps something else.

    I'm sorry to go on a bit but I thought I needed to explain the whole problem.

    Regards

    Chris

  2. #2
    Ron de Bruin
    Guest

    Re: Saving email attachments

    Hi

    No luck with this that I suggested in your other thread

    olAtt.SaveAsFile MyPath & olMi.SenderName & " " & i & ".xls"

    --
    Regards Ron de Bruin
    http://www.rondebruin.nl

  3. #3
    ir26121973
    Guest

    Re: Saving email attachments

    Ron,

    I'm so very sorrry, I hadn't seen this in my other thread, it works a treat.

    Sorry to have wasted your time.

    Thanks a million....once again

    Kind regards

    Chris

  4. #4
    Ron de Bruin
    Guest

    Re: Saving email attachments

    > I'm so very sorrry, I hadn't seen this in my other thread, it works a treat.

    No problem
    It was a long thread <g>

    Have a nice day

  5. #5