CREATE NEW WORKBOOKS BASED ON ACTIVECELL & BUTTON CLICK

  1. #1
    Eddy Stan
    Guest

    CREATE NEW WORKBOOKS BASED ON ACTIVECELL & BUTTON CLICK

    Hi,

    I have 2 sheets in a workbook.
    1st sheet has 1st 4 columns biz, region, city, customer
    2nd sheet is the data sheet running to 14000 rows having same 1st four
    columns, but data is not in sort order, data has been appended as
    received/analysed)
    Now If I choose one biz and click a button I should get rows of that biz
    copied to new workbook with the first 5 rows (headers in sheet2) and save the
    file as the biz choosen with ddmmm (date & month) example: if I choose biz :
    auto, the outfile should be "auto24mar.xls".
    Similarly for Region : "North24mar.xls" (if north is selected)
    Similarly for City : "Dubai24mar.xls" (if dubai is selected)
    Similarly for Customer: "Team24mar.xls" (customer should be by 1st word)

    Now I am doing by Pivot table, copy & paste as value so on, time consuming
    as I have to do all formatting.

    Thanks in advance.

  2. #2
    Eddy Stan
    Guest

    RE: CREATE NEW WORKBOOKS BASED ON ACTIVECELL & BUTTON CLICK

    One suggestion:
    I can put the biz, region, city & customer name at row 4 a4,b4,c4 & d4 (in
    sheet2)
    what I want is to filter data checking all the 4 items. Then copy the
    filtered data to another workbook with name as explained below.
    if customer is skipped then data should be filtered to location inside city
    & inside region & inside biz. if customer & city are skipped then data should
    be filtered to region inside biz. similarly if we skip region then data of
    that biz should be filtered.
    data is spread from col a to col w, like biz, region, city, customer,
    status, ref, date, due date, amt, paid, advance, bal due, ageing 1,2,3,4,5,6,
    remark1,2,3. so on.

    Thanks

  3. #3
    Eddy Stan
    Guest

    RE: CREATE NEW WORKBOOKS BASED ON ACTIVECELL & BUTTON CLICK

    Hi Wizards,
    I Know its big code for me.. but not for you all. put some line
    instructions, so that I can also learn.
    If you want sample file I can send !!

  4. #4
    Eddy Stan
    Guest

    RE: CREATE NEW WORKBOOKS BASED ON ACTIVECELL & BUTTON CLICK

    Why no one is answering.

    A reply as it is not possible or too much expected from discussion board
    will be much appreciated.

  5. #5
    Eddy Stan
    Guest

    RE: CREATE NEW WORKBOOKS BASED ON ACTIVECELL & BUTTON CLICK

    Hello - any wizard there !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

  6. #6
    Kishor
    Guest

    RE: CREATE NEW WORKBOOKS BASED ON ACTIVECELL & BUTTON CLICK

    contact : [email protected] for advanced help.